Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Bocas Modern Patisserie

I advise you NOT to follow Bocas Modern Patisserie's facebook page because you will be tempted to run to Bocas every time you check your facebook feed. That's what happened to me. I visited twice in one week!

Every Bocas pastry I put in my bucca (the latin word for mouth, which is the inspiration for the patisserie's name) has been très délicieux! Every pasty so lovingly made and decorated that I would stare at it for a couple minutes getting second thoughts about destroying this work of art with my fork. Of course, in the end, hunger won over art admiration, and piece by piece the work of art went into my big mouth creating a big smile and a big bulging tummy. I ate them all! Even the santan flowers were not exempted! (When I was little I used to pick santan flowers from the school garden and suck its nectar but I never knew it could be eaten...til the chef of Bocas, Chef Jean Louis Leon, caught me pushing aside the red flower and told me I should eat everything on my plate. And so I did.)

But now that my blood sugar level is above normal, I have decided to cut down my visits...to just once a week! Now I am content with admiring (and restraining myself from licking) these drool worthy pastry photos while counting down to my next Bocas visit.

Clockwise from top: Lemonsito Tart (Php160), Strawberry Eclair (Php120), Lubi Passion (Php160)

French Opera Cake

Baton Glace in Nougat, Strawberry, Guyabano (Soursop)

Bocas Modern Patisserie
Banilad Town Center (BTC),
Ground Floor of the Main Mall,
Banilad, Cebu City
Monday to Thursday 10AM to 8PM
Friday to Sunday 10AM to 9PM
(032) 232 2050

Bocas Lab - baking classes available
North Atrium
corner AS Fortuna and Highway Mandaue,
Mandaue City
Monday to Saturday 10AM to 6PM
Sunday 10AM to 4PM

4 comments: