Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Cafe Caw, Is the Third Time the Charm?

Third time's the charm, so they say. The first and second times I have been to Cafe Caw, at their Banilad branch, Cafe Caw failed me. On my first visit, I couldn't find value for my money. The second time was worse—I paid 60 pesos for a cupcake that was almost as hard as a rock. (I suspect it was an old batch that they forgot to throw out.) I posted it on their facebook page and the owner offered me a refund and a box of cupcakes. It was very kind of him, but I was ashamed to take his offer.

My third visit was at their newly opened branch in SSY Building in Lahug. The place had comfy settees and ottomans, which means (if you have been to their Banilad branch) that the Lahug branch is bigger—five times bigger—but with the same pastel–colored interiors. At their new place, it wasn't the interiors that caught my eye; it was the display case containing drool–inducing cakes. Cakes I had not seen in their Banilad branch. Cakes which I did not take a photo of (it slipped my mind).

The hosts (I was invited by a couple to come along to the cafe) ordered two drinks and the chopping board, which is a collection of five goodies: one cake, two cupcakes, one cookie, and one bar. I actually don't know what they call the set, I just called it the chopping board for all five goodies are served on a wooden chopping board. 


The hosts chose the following for our chopping board:
Blueberry cheesecake. I am not a fan of cheesecakes but the female half of the couple said it's one of the best cheesecakes she's tasted.
Choco oatmeal bar. Loved the gooey fudge.
Choco chunk cookie. Chocolate chunks, yessirree! Yum!
Green tea cupcake. The cupcake did have a hint of green tea, but much as I like green tea, I probably wouldn't care to have this again.
Mocha cupcake. The cupcake had a moist chocolate cake bottom and mocha icing.

The chopping board set could make at least four dessert–loving people happy. I did not get to try any of the drinks but the couple did say the drinks were too strong for their taste.

The verdict: Charmed. Yup, third time's the charm.


Cafe Caw
SSY Building, Lahug, Cebu City
(032) 418 1012
Daily 11AM to 12MN

Gov. M Cuenco Ave., Banilad, Cebu City
(032) 316 4595
Daily 11AM to 10PM



How much each goodie would cost:
Oatmeal fudge melt Php75
Cookies Php50 each
Cupcakes Php60 each
Cakes Php150 each
Drinks Php65-135
How much a chopping board set of goodies would cost: Php 375 (you save Php20)

8 comments:

  1. I love their new branch in Lahug. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I wanna go there na jud! Still haven't been. Haha. That chopping board serving is cool, too! I want a date here! :D

    Babe for Food - your BFF in Cebu dining! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pwede ko mag third wheel ninyo? Sure ko dili ninyo mahurot ang set...Ako lang kaon sa oatmeal fudge melt :D

      Delete
  3. I'm glad that you already visited their new branch in SSY. I want to try that chopping board set...I guess I can consume everything in it! Hahahahaha How much is it? =)

    The Exaggerated Zeal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fred, na excited ka noh pagkita nimo sa food, wala na ka na abot sa last line sa post heheheh :) It's Php375 for the set. Mahurot nimo ang set??? Champion gyud na imong sweet tooth (or teeth) :D

      Delete
    2. Bwahahaha atay gyud ka, Mustachio oi! Na-excite kaayo ko kay nindot kaayo tan-awon man gud. Hmmm medyo mahal-mahal sad diay noh pero cge lang, puhon! =D

      Delete
    3. Dapat lami ila food kay mahal raba! hehehe :D

      Delete