Thursday, June 7, 2012

You Can't Get There From Here

Do you want to live in a house full of books or maybe the library? I would! That's how much I love to read and I would like to infect you with this disease called reading. After months and months of procrastinating, I am finally getting this little segment off its feet. Let's start off with a book that has something to do with travel (another little incurable disease of mine).

Source
You Can't Get There from Here
Gayle Forman

If you have no time or money or the guts to immerse yourself in the many nooks and crannies of the world, then the closest thing to discovering their little secrets is by reading this book.

Meet a hodgepodge of characters: the Tongan fakaleiti, a Chinese doctor trying to write an English book, the street urchins of Cambodia, the Tolkienists of Kazakhstan, Tanzanian rap stars, some Jewish Africans, and Dutch prostitutes.

Honestly, the reason I picked up this book from a huge pile was because of the cover. Glad I decided to take it home (after paying, of course)... it's an easy, interesting, and entertaining read.

Go take a trip through the pages of this book.


For more book recommendations, please visit Go Read.

1 comment:

  1. I used to be bookworm! Or should I say, bookpig? Haha. I wish I could spend more time to read but I'm struggling enough keeping up with the blog. I'm terrible at time management. :(

    I'm sure all your book recommendations are well worth the buy though! I'll stay posted in case the old bookworm wants to crawl back up. :D

    Babe for Food - your BFF in Cebu dining! :)
    babeforfood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete