Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The Most Important Question

...is "How much?" Unless you're a millionaire then that won't matter. But for us budget travelers that is the number one question.

So can you afford a trip to Seoul? If you're not too picky and just make an effort to save some money, you definitely can! Here's a breakdown of my expenses. Airfare, travel agency visa processing service fee (if you're a long way from Manila where the consulate is) and shopping not included since I got my ticket at a low promo price and shopping really depends on you. Also, I spent an average of 10,500 won per day for food, which is unrealistic (breakfast was mostly convenience store food and friends treated me to 4 meals). Best to budget at least 20,000 won per day for food, safest would be 30,000 per day.

Gone in 7 days/7 nights (exchange rate in 2012 was Php0.039 for every Krw1)

The end. Gotta go work my butt off to repair this big hole in my pocket.

나중에 봬요, 친구!
Najunge bwaeyo, chingu!
See you later, friend!



South Korea Series:
What's in a (Business) Name? Korea
This Little Mustache Went to (Namdaemun) Market
At the Outskirts: Petite France and Namisum
Hunting for Cherry Blossoms at Yeouido Park
Can't Pronounce It So I Stuffed It in My Mouth
The Most Important Question (the end!) 

4 comments:

  1. WOW... Love the effort made in documenting and writing down your whole trip and even the budget. You're the best travel blogger i know! Kudos! :D

    Babe for Food - your BFF in Cebu dining! :)
    babeforfood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Justinne! Just sharing coz when I research/read other blogs, those are the information I ultimately need: money matters, directions, etc. Hopefully, makatabang ni to whoever comes across this blog. Lisod na masaag nya kulang ang kwarta :-) Thanks again for popping in!

      Delete
  2. Nice, barato ra lagi tan.awn moadto og korea :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello piglet. Thanks for dropping by. Yup! But note that we stayed in hostels and saved on food. Around 22-25k gyud to be safe, not including airfare and expenses for obtaining a visa.

      Delete