Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Go-Kart Speed Racers

Went to Kart Zone to try what? Karting. (Isn't it obvious?)

Their logo sure looks like a Go Kart... or is that a race track?

After giving our Ensogo vouchers, we watched a short video on Karting 101. Afterwards, we were required to rent a balaclava (helmet liner) for Php25. Looking like bank robbers, we were handed our helmets and headed to the race track entrance where the karts are parked.

The race track. Wish I had a helicopter so I could shoot an aerial view.

Pimp my ride!

Whooo! Ghost rider!

This was my first time to try karting and, honestly, it didn't amuse me.  Maybe because I'm not a fan of over-speeding or maybe because I was expecting more from my first karting experience. I enjoyed a little bit on the acceleration part, but the short-lived 8 laps of monotonous riding on a short distance circuit isn't worthy of a second try.

Winners! Champions! Feelers! hehe


Rates:
Php 300 / 8 laps - Single seater
Php 350 / 8 laps - Two seater

If you think 8 laps is too long or Php 300 is too much, on weekdays (Mon - Fri 10AM-2PM) you have these options:
Php 100 / 4 laps - Single seater
Php 150 / 4 laps - Two seater


F Cabahug St,
Brgy Kasambagan, Cebu City
(032) 268 2553
Open daily 10AM-9PM



8 comments:

  1. I am totally amused with your drawings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you zhequia. Tis what happens when you've got lotsa time in your hands. :)

      Delete
  2. Yeah! I so envy your drawings! I have zero talent in drawing or sketching whatsoever. Another fun post. :D

    Babe for Food - your BFF in Cebu dining! :)
    www.babeforfood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Justinne, everyone knows how to draw! You should post some doodles also. :)

      Delete
  3. LOL at "looking like bank robbers". Have not tried karting as well, and it does look monotonous to me. But I reckon I should try :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything's always worth a try. Thanks for looking around at my humble blog. :)

      p.s. Awesome travel blog you got, and a cool couchsurfing video too. :)

      Delete
  4. Wow! I'll surely try this one of these days. I liked it that you included a cheaper option for budget-traveler like me. :) Just wanna ask, how do I get there from Fuente? Ty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pong! According to this link http://tropicalpenpals.com/blog/things-related-directly-about-the-philippines/travel-advice-things-related-directly-about-the-philippines/jeepney-routes-for-cebu-including-stop-locations/ you can take 03B from Fuente and get off at Panagdait. That's the one long ride. Other option is to take 3 rides (although you have to make 2 transfers, this will be faster): 14D from Fuente to Ayala, then 04L (get off at Mabolo), then 03B to Panagdait :)

      Delete